Mount Semeru Trekking Tour Package – BromoSemeruTrekking.Com . Mount Semeru is an active volcano. The type is a stratovolcano, which is a mountain that forms a cone with layered slopes due to a number of previous eruptions. Mount Semeru has a peak with a crater known as Jonggring Saloko. Mount Semeru usually also called Mahameru, which comes from Sanskrit, which means Meru Agung. The word “meru” means “center of the universe” and “agung” means “big”.
In addition, Mount Semeru has a number of other names, such as Smeru, Smiru, and Semeroe. Names with these spellings come from maps of Dutch expeditions in the 19th century. This map is called Beschryving van de vulcanen Semeroe en Lemongan.
What Is Special About Mount Semeru Trekking?
Mount Semeru Climbing
Normally, Climbing Mount Semeru just needs 3 days 2 nigh trip to completely climb this volcano. Start the tour from Malang or Surabaya through Malang (Tumpang ) or via Probolinggo through Mount Bromo. With BromoSemeruTrekking you will get the best service because we are an experienced mount Semeru trekking company since ten years ago. Here is an option for Semeru Tour based time
- Mount Semeru Climbing 2 Days
- Mount Semeru Trekking 3 Days
- Mount Semeru Trekking 4 Days
- Bromo Semeru Trekking 4 Days
- Semeru Bromo Ijen Trekking 5 Days
Climbing Mount Semeru can be combined with various other interesting tourist attractions, especially with mount Bromo tour because the distance is close. Then by climbing Ijen Crater to witness the beautiful ijen blue fire tour of Banyuwangi. And it can also be combined with a tour to the Tumpak Sewu Lumajang waterfall and a relaxing tour in Batu Malang such as paragliding or waterfalls in Batu city.
Mount Semeru Trekking Tour Package Itinerary
There are many choices of time to climb Mount Semeru, there are 2 days, 3 days or 4 days. But this time we provide a 3 day schedule, which is the schedule that is generally used by climbers to conquer Mount Semeru. Because the official climbing route is only through Ranu Panu village, pickup from anywhere, should to in this village.
Either pick up from Malang, Surabaya, Probolinggo, Banyuwangi, Bali or Yogyakarta. If you are from Yogyakarta or Jakarta better take the train direct to Malang or Surabaya train station/airport. But if from Bali or Banyuwangi take the train to Probolinggo. The following is an overview of Semeru climbing in general
Day 01: Surabaya or Malang To Ranu Pani Village (D)
Pick you up from Surabaya or Malang, direct from your arrival at Airport, train station, or hotel. After the meet and greet with our team we will transfer you directly to Ranu Pani Village. Duration trip from Surabaya to Ranu Pani is around 5 hours driving, if from Malang around 3 hours driving and from Bromo/Probolinggo around 2 hours. After reaching Ranu Pani village free program and staying overnight at the homestay. And our team will arrange your permit climbing to the official.
Days 02: Ranu Pani to Ranu Kumbolo Lake – Kalimati Base Camp (B,L,D)
Semeru Trekking starts in the mornings, after breakfast, and check out from the homestay. From Ranu Pani, we will start climbs to Ranu Kumbolo and the estimated time is 4 – 5 hours of trekking. Ranu Kumbolo is located in a valley with a lake covering 12 HA.
It is a rest area that has a view and upland ecosystem. Located at an altitude of 2400 asl. We will take a rest for lunch before continuing the trip for 3 hours to Kalimati camp ( 2.700 MASL). After resting and having lunch for a while continued to climb up to Kalimati camp, this place is where we will rest and stay overnight in a tent.
Days 03 : Semeru Summit – Kalimati Camp – Ranu Pane – Drop Off Surabaya/Malang/Bromo
At midnight wake up at 01.00 am, and start climbing the hard route to the summit of Mount Semeru ( 3.676 MASL) via Arcopodo ( 2,900 MASL) and Cemoro Tunggal ( 3,200 MASL). Reach the crater’s rim in 4 hours of hiking. Will watch the sunrise if we arrive early. Enjoy the sunrise from the top of Mt Semeru. After being satisfied with conquering the highest mountain in Java explore and descend back to Kali Mati base camp for breakfast.
After breakfast, we trek down back to Ranu Kumbolo lake to rest and we will provide lunch here. Continued to Ranu Pane Village in 2 hours and we will transfer you out by 4WD to Cemoro Lawang Village (via mount Bromo) or Transfer to Malang via Tumpang. Last, another our team takes you back to Surabaya. Finish Program Mount Semeru Trekking Tour 3 days Hiking.
Best trips : Mount Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour 4D3N
Mount Semeru Trekking Tour Price 2023
Pax Price 1 person IDR 9.000.000/pax 2 person IDR 5.400.000/pax 3 person IDR 4.900.000/pax 4 person IDR 4.500.000/pax 5 person IDR 3.800.000/pax 6 person IDR 3.600.000/pax
Please contact us at semerutours[@]yahoo.com
To book Mt Semeru Hike Don’t forget to inform us of the number of participants, planning date, location of pick up and drop off and another tour facility you need
- Private Car full AC For pick up and transfer out from Airport or Train Station in Surabaya or Malang
- Include driver, fuel/gasoline, toll, and park fee
- Accommodation at a guest house or homestay near mount Semeru, such us at Ranu Pane Homestay, Tumpang Homestay or Hotel at Mt Bromo
- Jeep 4WD
- Entrance fee Ticket to mount Semeru
- Insurance Permit for Trekking Semeru
- Porters Team (amount depends on the participant)
- Camping equipment: tent, sleeping bag, mattress (allowed to bring a personal sleeping bag as preferable)
- Meals during camping (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Medical check for a Climbing permit
- Mineral water drink during the trip
- English Speaking guide and experience for Semeru Trekking
- Documentation (helped by the guide)
- Guides/Porter Tips
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Additional meal, Soft drink, Refreshment
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
What To Prepare For Mount Semeru Hike?
- Copy of identity card i.e Passport, Visa, and ID Card
- Healthy certificate (provided by us in the local clinic at Tumpang or Sukapura)
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your
own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Buff/Mask/Scarf/Hand glove
- Socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Sandals and Hiking shoes (Boots are preferable if not, you can bring the most comfortable sports shoes)
- Dri-fit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material)
- Warm clothes, Down jackets/ Sweater
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen or something like that
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Raincoat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker for the summit
- Personal snacks (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies, and snack food
Related Mount Semeru Trekking Tour Package :
- Mount Bromo Semeru Trekking Tour Package 4 Day 3 Night
- Mount Bromo Semeru Ijen Trekking Tour Package 5 Day 4 Night
- Bromo Semeru Ijen Trekking Tour Package 6 Day 5 Night
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tour Package From Surabaya Malang Bali
- Mount Bromo Tour Package 2 Day 1 Night
- Ijen Blue Fire Tour Package 2 Day 1 Night
- Mount Bromo Ijen Sukamade Tour Package 4 Day 3 Night
- Yogyakarta Bromo Ijen Tour Package 3 Day 2 Night
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour
https://bromosemerutrekking.com/ – Mount Semeru Trekking Tour Package 3 Day 2 Night
Frequently Asked Question
The best time for summit semeru is at dry season, from Mei until November
Bromo Semeru National Park official close mount semeru from early January until end of May or early June
No rock climbing or technical climbing skills are needed but good durability is absolutely necessary. In 3 Day tour we need around 8-9 hours daily climbing
At night the temperature can below zero degree Celsius, especially towards the summit, but in the day is around 5 – 20 degree Celsius.
Feel free to contact us, because the cost is depends of amount participants and your trip period.
All everything needed for this trip is completely covered by us, such as : transportation vice versa, jeep vice versa, meals, entrance ticket, camping equipment, porter and guide
The best location to start the trip is from Malang, Surabaya or Mt Bromo Probolinggo. But we could fetch your group also from Yogyakarta, Banyuwangi, Bali or in another place
For a while, we just provide private tour
Breakfast: scrambled egg, cereal, Fried rice, noodle soup, rice with vegetables and some meat, fried noodles, fruits, coffee and tea
Our guides are conversant in English, but most porters can only understand simple English.
Yes of course, a trip to mount Semeru can be combined with bromo tour package, bromo ijen tour , mount ijen blue fire tour, Tumpak Sewu waterfall trekking, Sukamade tour, Kalibaru tour, Malang tour and other tourist attractions in east Java